Saturday 21 July 2007

Final Test Run

Hamilton here.

This morning ran back home from Failford on the River Ayr Way. I have a feeling that the Camino will be similar to the RAW apart from its pointy bits i.e. mountains and hills. The RAW is a little lacking in these.

By the way, there will be a 42 mile Ultra-Marathon on this route on the 18th August. Please get behind this event and support it as I want to do it next year.

Anyway, I returned home in 2 hrs 53 mins. The distance is just under 16 miles. Considering the rucsac was full and I had my bumbag on, so I must have been at full weight, I am really happy with that. If anything I need to slow it down a little. I must always bear in mind the next day and the next and the next.

It was a good confidence boost coming on the back of checking the weather for next week and seeing that it is a mixture of scorching, hot days and warm days with drizzle. Brilliant. I'll take that. That is much better than 95 degrees for days on end.

Arthur has just phoned to say that he has booked us into a Refugio for Tuesday night and that dinner and breakfast is also booked. All this for under €20. Result! Nice one Arfur.

Later Dudes

No comments: