Thursday 12 July 2007

Starting to get excited?

Starting to feel that something big is just around the corner. Went for a short run tonight. Just 6 miles. Legs still feel tired. That's a bit of a worry. All the time I was out it was negative thoughts. 'Legs feel tired after 4 miles. Oh God!'. 'Feels really warm. It's 20 degrees hotter out there!'. 'This is just one run. You want to do 4 times this distance...and do it for 20 consecutive days?'.

Then I finished my run and decided that it didn't matter what the Camino had I store for me, I could still give it a good kicking and went off to have my dinner.

Encouragement. Interesting word. To give courage. To empower another person. That's what all the donations and good wishes messages that Arthur and myself are receiving are doing. They are giving us the drive to put our feet and backs and lungs and legs etc, where our mouths are. Thanks everyone. Whether you are WHW 'Family' member, relative, colleague, friends, whatever, we deeply appreciate your support and would hope that you will continue your support by leaving messages for us, during our adventure, via the comments section of the blog. I know for a fact the lift you can get from a simple bit of encouragement when you feel totally and utterly spent.

Later Dudes

2 comments:

Johnny Dx said...

It is getting warm down here fellas but I'm sure you'll get some 'cool' words of encouragement along the way.

When are you arriving in France?

Will you have some acclimatising time?

Une fois plus, Kudos à vous.

To Santiago and beyond said...

Hi Johnny,
Thanks for your advice.

Unfortunately Mark is short of time and needs to set off the day after we arrive. To complete the trek Mark has to get to Santiago in a max. of 23 days. I have the easier time of 35 days.
regards,
Arthur