Tuesday 3 July 2007

Welcome

Hi everyone,
Welcome to the Santiago blog. Three weeks to go but just to show that we are serious about this we thought that you would like to see the hard work that has already gone into preparing for the trek.

We have been planning this for a few months and as part of Mark’s preparation he ran the West Highland Way (95 miles), starting at 1am in Milngavie and finishing, in a stonking time of 24hrs 54mins, at Fort William. The pictures below tell the happy story, beginning, middle and end.



As part of my training I watched mark run the WHW in much the same time as he took to run it. Not bad eh! There is no beginning since, at 1am, I was happily snoring my head of in Crainlarich but the middle and end are indicative of my experience. It's an age thing.



And it would not have been the same had we not been so ably assisted by the one an only Kenny Murray who was not only my companion on the road, providing outstanding music (another Jackson Browne fan) but he also ran the last 34 miles with Mark. What a man!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh I am jealous! There were not a many 'net cafes when I was on the Camino de Santiago, but this was some years ago in my yoof. Make sure you go via San Juan de la Peña, but do get a bus up there... Can't wait for updates
kt xx