Saturday 14 July 2007

Rucsac Test

Loaded up Ellen's rucsac this morning and went for a run. Only missing a few items from the sac so could only have been a couple of kilos under what it will be. It felt fine. I think the fact that I usually do my shorter runs with a rucsac (not as heavy as this though) has helped.

So, I did 8 miles in about 75 mins and felt strong. Could have gone further but still recovering from WHW 07 which was only three weeks ago.

This is a great relief as I am thinking I might be able to add a couple of paperbacks to the list for Spain. Result!

Legend of the WHW Race Jim Drummond is, as I type, in Colorado taking part in the Hardrock 100 race. 100 miles long and with 33,000 ft of incline along the way. Jim is a physiological miracle...and a looney. I don't know how the guy does it. An inspiration.

No comments: