Friday 27 July 2007

Hot and Hotter

Hi All,
Been putting in the miles and most of the time it has been very enjoyable if a mite tiring especially with the heat. As Mark points out it is a killer.

Made it to near Panmplona yesterday but it near finished me. No more of that. I offloaded some stuff back to home. Not much, just three pounds but what a difference in how I feel. Didn´t exactly fly along but the step was a bit lighter.

Had the chance to spend some time in Pamplona this morning (waiting on the Post Office opening at 8.30). Had been there before on a few occasions with Ewan MacArthur nad Chris Irgens on a European project. Lovely place and the very image of Ols Spain. Got lost twice though which meant I had to make up time during the really hot part of the day, 1.30 - 4.00. Not doing that again.

Staying in a hotel tonight which has a peregrino section, ie the cheap 8 euros a night section. Still it is a bed and pleanty of room unlike the other three in whcih we have stayed.

Will catch up later. The money is running out on the computer I have access to.

best,
Arthur.

1 comment:

reneebleau said...

Hi Arthur and Mark - I've been meaning to get in touch since your email on July 5th - and finally today have found the time to sit down and check out your Big Adventure! I have read through all your blogs - makes for interesting reading... it is absolutely brilliant what you guys are doing!

I have figured out how to put some money in your coffers though I didn't see the bit where you could write a comment - drats... (I would have said something like: Looks like an incredible journey, in more ways than one!)


Your efforts are inspirational to anyone who is struggling with doing something extremely difficult (both physiologically and psychologically) - I'm wondering which aspect feels tougher?

I'll keep dipping in to see how you are both doing.

Take care!