Saturday 28 July 2007

Mark´s Day 4 (is it only 4 days?)


Ok just lost everything I had written and now have to do it again.

Summary: Started at 5:30am in the dark. Running brings on a sweat at that time as well. Didn´t get lost today. Country was hilly at first but then past Villamayor it becomes rolling farmland with no water available until Los Arcos (Arthur take note).

Should be awe struck by the lovely towns but I am more interested in the drinks machines that each one has, at the time. My apologises to the Architectural amongst you.

Renee has asked about the balance between physical and psychological ´trauma´ that this is bring on. I have to be honest. Right now, I can take the physical pain (and there is quite a bit of it already). The psychological stuff I am having more problems with. This is big and long and you are on your own. That is hard. You have far too much time to think. But, in rolling up my sleeves and getting on with it, it should make me (and I am sure it is the same for Arthur) a stronger person.

Physically, the roll call is:

Right hip getting worse
Part of left shoulder that I can´t put rucsac on
Getting pain in right ankle (just for you Mike Mason)
Both heels are a mess. Blisters almost covering their circumference (taking orthotics out tomorrow to see if that helps).

Did calculation when going through Estella this morning. 22 miles gets me to Santiago in either 21 or 22 days (depends on which mileage you believe). I will stick to getting up early and trying to get my days quota in by 1pm.

Naverette tomorrow.

Later Dudes

No comments: